Product Launch 101 – Building Buzz for Your Amazon Product
Product launches are all about finding the right time to let your creation fly. You might feel a need to immediately put up your product but a successful online launch takes as much planning, branding, testing and revising as a physical launch. Moreover, with amazon selling getting so common, new products are being launched every day. Sellers need to make sure they don’t get lost in the crowd.
1. Contact Amazon Selling Influencers
Influencers are prominent figures whose opinions hold a lot of value in their specific niches on Amazon. If you’re looking to reach customers quickly, asking influencers to publically endorse your product is a good idea.
- Engage: Contact these people and talk about your Amazon product or service with them.
- Samples: Send them free samples so that they can test the product themselves.
- Reviews and feedback: Ask them to write product reviews (both on Amazon and third-party websites) and give feedback for improvement. Also, ask them to mention your product on their social media accounts.
2. Promote Via Amazon
Since amazon is where you’ll actually be selling your product, it makes sense to promote your product there. It’s the place where your target customers are most likely to be.
- Amazon Ads: These are usually displayed on the results page and on product detail pages. The ads also make it on the mobile and tablet websites.
- Competitive Bidding: Amazon takes a bite out of the sales. You basically have to pay them when the ads work and the higher you bid to pay, the likelier your chances to get selected.
- Landing page: your products’ detail page will be the landing page for your advertisement.
3. Get Visuals to Boost Amazon Sales
Content is still king, but people are no longer as interested in written content as they are in the visuals.
- Infographics: These are hugely popular nowadays. They are incredibly colorful, are low on written content and are easy to share.
- Video tutorials: If you plan to write how-to guides about using your amazon product; don’t. Make a video instead.
- Amazon listing: The image you display must be HQ. Include as many supporting images as are allowed.
4. Do Something Out of the Box
You can get immediate attention for your Amazon brand by doing something that goes viral. This is a bit of a hit or miss thing but if you’re creative enough, you’ll get a huge launch on Amazon. Here’s what you can do:
- Viral videos: Doing an elaborate, yet creative, prank is a great way to go viral. Alternately, you can also create a social message video which tells people how your product is breaking the norms on Amazon.
- Surveys: You can also conduct a survey, and then publish, a survey which communicates the importance of your product or one which favors the use of your product.
- Irony: Do something that might mock your product, but at the same time, conveys how brilliant it is. For example, if you’re selling an eBook, you can create a funny video showing how people who read the book are unable to do much else.
During and after these promotional campaigns, you must constantly keep track of your products’ sales by signing up for a sales data tracking software. This will indicate if your efforts have paid off.
Related articles across the web