Inc.com’s blog states that many small businesses are built on the belief that customers will automatically come to them once they open for business. Such companies fail because they assume that demand for their product is high.
Firms looking to sell their products in other Amazon international marketplaces must be sure that their products will sell. Here’s how to determine international demand:
Use AMZ Insight Amazon Research Tool
With our amazon tool for market research and analysis, you’ll get access to statistical data regarding demand for your item.
- Analyze keyword popularity: When carrying out keyword research with AMZ Insight, you have the option to choose your preferred marketplace and our popularity analyzer will tell you how trendy the word is on a scale of 0 – 100 in that area.
- Estimated Sales Data: Our web based Amazon sales estimator solution predicts how much sales a product is making on Amazon. The numbers are grounded upon your product’s BSR.
Using Google Trends for Amazon
Google Trends can also give you region-specific results to give you an idea about the international marketplace.
- High Search Rates: If you come across a product whose interest overtime has steadily risen in a specific region, there’s a good chance your product will sell well in that amazon marketplace.
- The Catch: While Google Trends are a good indicator of rising demand, their graph only shows how often the product was searched for – not how often it was purchased on Amazon.
Analysis of Competition
If there are a higher number of Amazon sellers in a particular niche, the product demand is high.
- Marketplace Research: Go to the target Amazon marketplace and enter your main keyword. The number of sellers you get on the results page should indicate the level of demand.
- High Competition: The problem is that, niches with more sellers can stifle visibility for you. Many argue that high demand will, nevertheless, bring in customers. We don’t agree and believe that finding a product with high demand and lesser competition by using AMZ Insight is still the safest bet.
Predict demand for your product by putting it up for crowdsourcing in your preferred region. If interest (and donations!) for the product are high, you’re good to go.
- Feedback: Crowdsourcing your idea will mean that you’ll get both positive and negative responses directly from your potential customers. You’ll be able to improve the product before its official launch.
- Only for New Inventions: This idea will only work for novel products. If, for example, you crowdsource ‘coconut oil’ in India, it won’t get a lot of attention but we know that the demand for this product is high in the region.
Ask Questions Related to Amazon Selling
To ensure high amazon sales, you must ask questions and gather feedback from yourself and customers from your preferred amazon marketplace.
- From Yourself:
- Will my product fulfill a market gap?
- Do I know everything there is to know about my customers?
- What’s the level of competition and can I face it?
- Do I want to be product-specific or service-specific?
- From Customers:
- How much are you willing to pay for my product?
- What do you like and dislike about my product?
- How often do you shop on Amazon?
- Will you pay for delivery?
How to Sell Internationally on Amazon
Now that you know how to identify the products to sell in all marketplaces, the next step is to sell product on Amazon globally. With third-party marketplaces in all major Amazon international marketplaces, Amazon Global Selling gives you a chance to sell your products in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, China, Japan, France, India, Germany, Italy and Spain.
If you have successful products in any of these marketplaces, you can expand operations in other countries via Amazon.
Build Your Listing via Amazon Keyword Research
Before launching your product in an international setting, you need to adjust your listing to suit international customers.
- AMZ Insight: Our market research solution is the ONLY one, in the market that covers all ten Amazon marketplaces, allowing you to conduct separate research for all countries. Keywords are usually different in European and Asian countries, specifically.
- Research: Using AMZ Insight, you can enter keywords relevant to your product and see what your target market looks like, how much competition you have and which keywords you need to rank on.
Exporting Your Products
You can employ Amazon to get your products to your customers. There are two methods to export your products via Amazon.
- FBA Export: Via this method, you’ll be able to list your products on FBA on the Amazon website. Customers will be able to get your products in a number of countries through Amazon’s export service.
- Amazon Global Selling: Through Amazon global selling services, you can sell via the Amazon Marketplace in all the countries where Amazon operates. You can ship your products, via any method, to the target countries and orders are stored in fulfillment centers.
Looking for New Products on Amazon
If you don’t intend to sell the same products in new marketplaces, or believe there isn’t enough market for your products internationally, you can look for a new niche to sell in.
- AMZ Insight Niche Analyzer: With the new User Interface AMZ Insight introduces soon, you’ll be able to look for products with its Niche Analyzer. You’ll have the option to select the marketplace of your choice and learn its intricacies via this Amazon market research tool.
- Competitive Analysis: AMZ Insight also allows you to keep an eye on your seller’s products. With this insight, you can check out which products they’re selling in your target marketplace to garner new ideas.
Tips for Customer Support
Once you’ve decided to set up operations, you must also work hard to build trust with your new market.
- Local Language Support: Hire someone fluent in your target market’s local language to build a strong foundation for your business. Don’t rely on automated machine translations since they aren’t always optimal and can affect your seller performance rating.
- Be timely: Again, hiring, someone may be for the best since time differences may not allow you to immediately respond to customer’s queries. Replying within 24 hours is okay but nothing’s better than an immediate reply.
These are some of the many things you may have to consider before setting up shop internationally. Get these sorted out and you’re, more or less, good to go