In the age of social media, consumers tend to know about their brands a lot more than when the internet was not commonplace. In an age of increasing interactions, one has to wonder why customers feel closer to some brands as compared to others.
An amazon seller will probably feel this difference more, since customers associate first with the Amazon brand name, and then with a seller they have discovered via the website.
In such an environment, how does one prompt their customers to buy from them? Here’s what you can do.
Interact with Your Customers
Try to talk as much as you can with your customers. Make them feel as if you truly care about what they have to say. There are a lot of things you can discuss:
- Provide information about your brand.
- Educate them about the industry you are in, especially if they are new.
- Tell them a story about your brand.
- Ask them about their needs and desires.
- Provide guidance about your product.
The purpose is to make customers feel involved and to make them feel as if they are a part of the brand – just as Amazon does.
Inclusive Approach Towards Customers
Modern firms are doing everything in their powers to make their customers feel more involved in the buying-selling process. Basically, you make them feel like what a part to play in the ultimate decisions of the business.
- Conduct regular surveys and ask customers to fill out questionnaires.
- Let customers make small decisions; like voting for the next tagline on your t-shirt.
- Talk on issues that matter to them and provide solutions.
Turn Customers into Brand Advocates
If you truly want to turn your brand customer-centric, like Amazon, then you have to influence your customers into eagerly saying great things about your company. Turn them into your brand warriors.
- Actively collect their feedback and act on it.
- Make all your decisions based on what you think your customers will want.
- Make yourself transaction-friendly.
- Try to interact with individual customers, but don’t be obsessive (like sending multiple emails in a single day).
Never Lie to Customers
Telling customers half-truths, or lying to them outright, is one of the easiest ways to quickly lose them. It will eventually lead to your customer account being suspended by Amazon.
- Do not lie about product specifications, especially warranties.
- Do not post images that don’t reflect your actual product.
- Do not give untrue shipping details.
- Be realistic about what your product can do for your customers.
- Be realistic about the price – do not change it after an order has been placed.
If you still go ahead and do these things, 9/10 chances are that Amazon will suspend your account.
Understand Your Customers
The easiest, and quickest, way to influence buyer decisions is by understanding them. That is easily achievable by studying data and trend using an Amazon data analysis tool.
- Pick a keyword to match your niche and find out what customers are buying.
- Discover the popularity of your selected niche.
- Study the best seller ranks on amazon and find out why they are doing so well.
- Track product reviews and ratings for your and your competitor’s products.
Discover your customers’ needs, fulfill them and laugh all the way to the bank.