There’s no hard and fast formula for creating a winning landing page that actually helps you to get Amazon sales conversions. However, there are certain elements you need to get right to leave a lasting impression on visitors.
A Clear Call-to-Action
Every landing page needs to have a clear and distinct call-to-action.
- The CTA must be distinct – don’t bring it down with a million other requests.
- Use visual cues to draw your eye towards a distinctive looking button with the CTA on it.
- If there are other CTAs on the page, de-emphasize them to ensure the main attraction is your ultimate CTA.
Make a Compelling Offer
This is basically when you give something to your visitors/customers in exchange for purchasing you Amazon product.
- While this can contain traditional discounts, you can also offer free samples, free eBooks/whitepapers or any other gift.
- Try to include a deadline with the offer so a sense of urgency is created and customers feel compelled to purchase.
- Take the “offering” approach instead of the “demanding” one – don’t ask customers for any information in exchange for getting the offer on Amazon.
Avoid an Overload Of Information
The biggest mistake people make when designing landing pages for Amazon products is including too much unnecessary information.
- No, customers don’t need to know about your company’s philosophy or previous endeavors. Also, they will hesitate to fill in extremely long forms.
- Strip your landing page of extraneous links, pictures, information and data that doesn’t serve a direct purpose.
- Move admin links to a footer that might not be as visually appealing, if you have to include these links.
Know Who Your Target Audience is
Your landing page should be tailor-made for your target audiences on Amazon.
- Use Amazon research tool, AMZ Insight to find out in which Amazon Marketplace your product might be more popular.
- List your product on that Amazon website and target that country’s audiences.
- The more the choices you give visitors, the less likely they are to come to a decision.
- If you give a lot of links, people are likely to wander off the landing page to some other website and might even forget about your product.
A Catchy Headline
It’s important for you to immediately grasp your Amazon audience’s attention before they decide the page is boring and leave.
- People will decide within a second if they want to remain on your page.
- So if you’ve gotten an interested buyer, the headline must convince them to read on.
- The headline must include a benefit to consumers about the product in a catchy way.
Keep it Sleek and Tidy
The biggest mistake I’ve seen with newbie landing page designers is how they try to clutter the page with all kind of information.
- Keep it simple and leave out a lot of white space so your CTA is highlighted.
- Use images with a minimalist design.
- Use big font with more spaces between letters to make reading easier.
- Bullets will encourage readers to skim through the content, instead of leaving the page altogether.
- Videos can create a whole lot of impact, improving conversions by 80%, according to Unbounce.com.