Amazon keyword monitoring and and analytics are among the most important tools for any seller on Amazon. With their aid you can figure out a way to increase your product’s Amazon ranking and maintain a steady sales graph over longer periods of time. As on Google, there are ways to monitor your keywords on Amazon, as well. Amazon keyword planner can help you plan and monitor your target keywords. While both Google and Amazon can be expected to change their algorithms to stay current, what remains the same through all these updates is that search still depends on hitting the right keywords. Therefore, in this blog, we’ll tell you how to initiate keyword research using an Amazon keyword generator if you want to sell on Amazon.
What are Amazon Keywords?
Amazon keywords are the specific terms and queries potential buyers type in the search bar to look for products they want to purchase. Since it is likely that several buyers will search for your product-relevant keywords in one day, this may affect your sales trends. Therefore, to boost your Amazon sales rank , it is necessary to closely study keyword trends consistent with your products. This can be done via Amazon keyword generator.
Tip: Use Amazon BSR tool to monitor the sales rank and see how change in keywords ranking impact your sales rank.
What’s Amazon Keyword Generator for?
Amazon keyword generator is a tool which helps in getting you new keyword ideas on Amazon. This tool works in the following way:
- Seed Keyword (Which you will provide) + combinations from A- Z and 1-9
- With this tool you can get a long list of keywords people are searching for
How to do Amazon Keyword Research?
Follow the below steps for the Amazon keywords research:
Begin by Brainstorming
Start by going through blogs, articles and webpages relevant to your industry.
- Narrow down on topics: At this stage, think about 4 -5 topics that are the most directly relevant to your clientele. For example, if you are selling iPhone covers, your relevant topics can be Apple, iPhone, iPhone covers, Cover art and other similar ones.
- Think of phrases that can be used as queries: Once you’ve narrowed down on topics, think of phrases customers may enter into Amazon search bar to look for your product. For example, under ‘Apple’ a keyword you could go for might be ‘Apple iPhone 7 covers’ or simply, ‘Apple covers’. Adding relevant keywords will help you rank higher in the results’ pages on Amazon (SERPs).
Take it a Step Further to Amazon Keyword Planner
Employ a professional amazon keyword planner software like AMZ Insight for your final keywords’ list.
- Keyword Ideas: In AMZ Insight, go to Amazon keyword research tool area and type in your main keyword. Considering the example above, we’ll type in “iPhone covers”. Select your region of choice and hit search. You’ll be presented with quite a few recently popular keyword options related to your niche.
- Build Your Universe: Click the check box along each keyword to add them to your final list if you think they’re relevant to your list. Once you’ve added every word you want, you can copy the list and paste it to excel. You also have the option to export all keyword ideas to an excel sheet by clicking on the ‘export’ button.
Exploring Keyword Types for Amazon Rankings
Add both Amazon long tail keywords and short tail keywords to your universe to target all kinds of customers.
- Short-tail Keywords: Usually no more than three to four words, these are the keywords that’ll bring you the most traffic from Amazon to your product page. Instead of queries, they’re usually just incredibly short statement, like ‘iPhone 7 back cover’.
- Long-tail Keywords: Since you’re likely to have a presence off-Amazon too, these phrases are important to bring you traffic from search engines like Google. These are usually five or more words and are often posed as questions. For example, “How can I buy iPhone covers?”
Spy on Your Competitors Ranking on Amazon
You also need to check out how your competitors are ranking for the keywords you’ve chosen.
- AMZ Insight Ranking: Through AMZ Insight’s product rank tracking features, you will be able to see which products are ranking where against the keyword of your choice.
- Go through competitor’s Amazon listing: Another great way to generate more keywords is to visit competitor products’ Amazon pages and see niche-relevant terms used in titles and descriptions. Add keywords used there you haven’t yet added to your universe.
Once you have generated a list of keywords, it is now time to decide which keywords will be useful to you. To do this, you can employ the Google Planner or AMZ Insight Amazon keyword tool.
Use the Google Adwords Keyword Planner to evaluate the search volume for each keyword and the competition against it. Simply pick the keyword you want ranking data about, enter it to your product already added in AMZ Insight and begin tracking the keyword’s ranking. It is recommended to add those keywords to the competitor’s product too and also tracker their rankings. By comparing both products you’ll have the idea how much work you need to improve your ranking on a particular keyword. Develop a strong marketing strategy to promote your product and gain a good Amazon keyword ranking.
The Final Leap Towards Success
Once you have planned your basic Amazon SEO strategy by choosing your keywords, it is now time to decide on the products you will want to sell and where to find them. it is necessary to get your hands on good quality products. This is because the best products on Amazon have highly positive reviews and ratings, selling more than competitors.
Click here to sign up your 10 days free trial with us. And start your keyword research with the help of our Amazon keyword planner tool and also start tracking the rankings.