Find yourself falling down Amazon’s bestseller ranks?
There are a number of things you can do to amp up your Amazon SEO and make sure your customers continue to notice you.
These 6 SEO tips and tricks are tailor-made to enhance how discoverable you are on Amazon. So, if your rank is too low, apply these quick changes and see yourself rising up once again.
1. Title Field Equals Keyword Field
Since Google considers title matches to be more important, rookie sellers may assume that happens with Amazon, too.
However, in their guidelines, Amazon has explicitly stated that:
- Your keyword field holds as much importance as your title.
- Your page is just as likely to be discovered if you use important keywords in your keyword field instead of your title.
Although not against the rules, it is ill-advised to repeat a keyword you’ve used in the title, in the keyword field again. So if you’ve done that, delete the repetition and make room for more keywords.
2. Use an Amazon Keywords Generator
All of the suggestions mentioned in this article can be executed perfectly with the help of an Amazon research tool that generates keywords, as well, which can:
- Suggest new keywords for your product.
- Suggest new niches based on a keyword.
- Check the popularity of a keyword for you.
- Compare how well your product is doing on a keyword, compared to competitors.
- Perform keyword analytics, trends, popularity and the like.
3. Data Not Right for Your Amazon Product Title
There are a few things some Amazon sellers feel compelled to include in their title. These should be removed immediately:
- Do not separately mention the price because Amazon already does that in the search results.
- Typing the title in blocks may catch the customers’ eye but appears desperate and ultimately, unprofessional.
- Mentioning the quantity is also unnecessary because Amazon does that, too.
- Avoid a grammatical overdose; like too many commas, full stops, question marks and the like.
- Only include information you think customers would like to see but don’t, in the search results.
4. Make a Detailed and Thorough Description
It’s obvious that if customers have clicked on your listing’s link, they’re interested to ultimately buy your product. Therefore:
- Explain about your product in detail in the description.
- Combine features with benefits to keep the content engaging.
- Incorporate keywords throughout to up your SEO game.
- Make headings and separate paragraphs
- Include images if you can.
The better your description, the more professional you’ll seem and the more your chances of getting up the BSRs and making a sale.
5. Don’t Include Competitors’ Names
To get more hits, sellers usually include the name of competing products or sellers in the product listing. This is done in the hopes of getting a higher ranking if customers mention that particular name to search for a product. The act is wrong because:
- Amazon strictly prohibits using competitors’ names in your product listing.
- It’s morally unethical and may get you suspended solely on those grounds.
- It’s an unnecessary waste of writing space which could otherwise have been used to include more keywords.
6. Looking for Unique Search Words
While you may be selling in a competitive niche, there are always going to be some words that customers are using but you’ve missed.
- Constantly search for unique and unconventional words that might not be used much
- When these words are used, yours will be among the few products that show up.
- For this, you need to really study the demographics of your customers and the different languages they may use.
*Bonus: In order to improve your product rankings in Google search results and boost external traffic, partner with bloggers of your niche.
Ask them to write product reviews and that will boost your sales and also improve your Amazon rankings.