6 Offbeat Ideas for Better Amazon Selling this Holiday Season
With the holiday season approaching, it’s time for online sellers to come up with new and innovative campaigns for Q4. During this period, online marketing and sales from all industries are going to go full-throttle.
To help you leave your own, personal mark during the festive season, we’ve come up with a few offbeat, but innovative ideas to help you make better Amazon sales.
Different PPC Budgets for Different Areas
Instead of equally dividing your Pay-Per-Click campaign amongst your target cities, you’d do better with some segmentation.
- Analyze how your target cities are performing, when it comes to their PPC campaigns.
- Bid higher for areas that seem to be responding well to PPC campaigns.
- Assign low budgets for areas not doing so well.
- Look for new areas responding well to PPC campaigns
- If you have the budget, replace low-performing areas with these new locations for better ROI
Discount Codes with Order/Shipping Confirmation Emails
This is the season when people are easily convinced to shop more. To encourage this behavior, you can:
- Email discount codes to customers with an order/shipping confirmation email.
- Yes, these emails usually go through Amazon but you can also separately email clients.
- We recommend doing so with shipping confirmation
- This is because customers are more likely to purchase more after a short time has passed since their last shopping spree.
Calculate Profits for Each Amazon Product Individually
Instead of calculating overall profits, we suggest you find out how much profit each item in your catalogue is making. You can do this by using a reliable Amazon sales tracker. By doing this, you can:
- Cut products that aren’t doing well.
- Introduce new ones in their stead.
- Adjust your holiday budget, accordingly.
- Invest in the growth of your business.
- Keep your catalog up-to-date and in-sync with the latest trends in the market.
Save the Day
There’s no better time to show the world how charitable your company is than during the holiday season.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Donate a part of your earnings to charity, encouraging customers to buy form you.
- Donate a certain amount to charity for social media likes/retweets (1 like = $1)
- Show your products are eco-friendly.
- Spend Christmas day with the under-privileged.
Offer a Free Catalogue
Allowing customers to download a free catalogue of your entire product range gives them more options when they’re in the best mood; spending mood.
- Theme your catalogue around the holiday season.
- Include products you’re sure will sell well during the November-December period.
- Offer the catalogue as a free download.
- Include discount codes with each download.
- Include some useful content (how-tos, guides, ideas) within the catalogue.
Team Up With an Unusual Ally
Remember when Reese’s Pieces appeared in E.T.? No one knew about the candy then but one appearance in the big budget movie and it changed them. Now, of course, you can’t feature in a film, but here’s what else you can do:
- Pair up with influential bloggers
- Ask YouTube stars to use your products in a skit
- Ask internet celebs for an endorsement
- Ask internet celebs for a tweet
Of course, you’re probably going to have to pay them in return.