Want to sell online but scared of the technical details that entails? Fortunately, you don’t actually need a truckload of technical experience to make a career out of online selling.
In this blog post, we’ve laid out 4 techniques the very best Amazon sellers – and the world over – swear by.
Create Curiosity for Your Amazon Product
You must have noticed how sometimes, discounted prices on products online remain the same for months, even though it says the offer ends in a week. This is one way to create urgency for your product.
- Use Terms that Create Urgency: Mention ‘Limited Edition’ or ‘special offer’ or even ‘Hurry up! Offer lasts till the end of this week.’ Make people believe they’re missing out by not buying your product right now.
- Offer Special Bundles: To sell your normal, ordinary product this way, you can offer an extra something for customers. Make sure your bonus product is popular in the Amazon marketplace you’re selling in.
- Free Goods for a Short Period: Think of ‘Buy One, Get One Free.’ Combine that with ‘Limited Time Offer’ and you have a winner on your hands.
Video Promotions for Amazon Selling
Video promotions are amongst the best tools for marketing your product because they’re more interactive.
- Do-It-Yourself: You can make a tutorial or how-to guide for your video yourself if you have a camera, a computer and an internet connection. If you don’t think you’ll make a good narrator, search amongst friends and family.
- Get Video Reviews Made Online: A number of third-party service providers create video reviews for your product in exchange for a small fee. Product Play and Videolicious are two such services. You can also submit your product for customer reviews on Amazon.
- Put Video Review on Amazon: We suggest putting your video review on Amazon. Buyers don’t always appreciate being redirected to 3rd party websites.
Sell via Affiliate Marketing
What could be simpler than outsourcing almost all of your marketing to someone else, and that too, for free? Become a part of the $5 billion dollar industry to make more sales.
- Pay-Per-Click Commissions: We suggest offering a contract online salesman a small commission for every visitor coming on to your amazon listing through the marketer. This way, at least you’ll maintain a better rank, if not a sale.
- Join Communities with Affiliates: Not sure where to find an affiliate? Your best bet is an online affiliate forum or community that brings together sellers and affiliates. ClickBank, Warrior JV and MunchEye are a few places to begin.
- More Time for Future Planning: With affiliate marketers at your beck and call, you have more time to concentrate on other aspects of your business – like future planning.
Be Proactive at Customer Service
Entrepreneur’s Zach Cutler puts it best, “Offering great client service not only builds a loyal and happy customer base, but can be the most powerful marketing tool due to word-of-mouth referrals.”
- Find a Way to Accommodate Customers: Yes, you have policies in place but when it comes to customers, don’t hesitate to put them aside. Customers won’t appreciate being told you have a 7-day return policy but will remember you if you break the rules for them.
- Don’t Come at Them Too Strongly: No one likes an overenthusiastic CS agent and customers will dread calling you if they know you’ll be talking at them at 100 mph, throwing in thousands of offers at them without listening to what they say.
- Don’t – At Any Cost – Lose Your Cool: According to KISSmetrics, 58% customers let their friends know if a CS agent has been rude to them. Don’t spoil the name of your business.
While these are some things you can try out, you won’t get very far without proper keyword optimization and tracking. You can get all that without worrying about the technicalities – just sign up for AMZInsight, our easy-to-use amazon tool.