Amazon products, like all other retail products, begin to experience a sales slump once they’re about to reach the end of their life-cycle. If you’re experiencing this as a seller, you can take a few steps to get rid of the excess stock lying around and make some profits off old amazon stock. You may also use Amazon sales estimator to estimate the sales in a particular marketplace and sell it their to make money.
Tip 1: Add Different Keywords in Amazon Tool
One reason why your product sales may have fallen can be because of outdated keywords in your listing.
- AMZ Insight Keyword Research: To find out the latest keywords for your product, use AMZ Insight. To begin with, you’ll type out your product’s name in the search bar. The results will show you the keywords currently in use for your niche.
- Add New Keywords: You can use these keywords to update your listing and see if sales increase to a normal. If they do, you can easily revive your product as a regular, again. Just make sure you keep using AMZ Insight’s keyword research for Amazon to keep your listing new.
Tip 2: Update Your Image
Amazon product photography is very important as the first thing customers see when they search for the product is its image. If they deem it professional enough, conversion rates are higher.
- High Quality: High-quality images usually get more hits on the marketplace. Make sure you shoot the image with a white background. We recommend the use of a DSLR camera for clearer images.
- Different Style: Your new product image must be different from your old one. Shoot your product from a different angle or choose a new variation (preferably color variation) for the main image. Add detailed views to satisfy customers.
Tip 3: Create Offers with Free Stuff
- Promote the Free Offer: The bundle you’re offering is essentially your competitive edge; so, you want people to know about it. Display the complimentary goods in your product image and mention the offer in your product title.
- Offer Something Useful: Remember, your free offer must help customers use your actual product. If you’re selling women’s shirts, for example, offer a free scarf that goes with it. You can also offer free guides or how-to’s on product use.
Tip 4: Add a Video of Your Amazon Product
Videos demonstrating the use of a product are a great way to convince customers to buy them.
- Fairly Easy to Shoot: Your video doesn’t need to be anything fancy; remember – you’re doing this essentially for an old product. Just make sure you have a good camera, a strong script and an engaging narrator for the video to amp up conversions.
- Testimonial or Guide: You can either choose to shoot a customer testimonial or a how-to guide. Personally, we recommend a customer testimonial because most people who visit your page will know something about the product’s use (if not, they can always message the seller). Hearing other users praise the product will assure them of the product’s credibility.