A huge part of the success of your amazon selling depends on how your product is launched in the market. You don’t want to be one of the many amazon startups that fail because they don’t know the basics of a product launch.
The process itself can be long and complicated. To simplify matters, we’ve divided the product launch process into three discernable phases.
Phase 1: Tactical Development and Brand Presence
Firstly, you will need to figure out who your main audience is and how you can target them via web and brand presence.
- Early Adopters: At this stage of the product lifecycle, the people who’ll be interested in your product are early adopters – people who basically try everything in their industry of interest. Define your industry and outline all the features of the product in the Amazon listing page to attract customers.
- Develop Brand: Start by thinking of a standout logo and name for your product. On other platforms, you’d be doing this for your company but on Amazon, products matter more. You can define a company logo, too, but remember to use your creative juices for product marketing.
- Internet Presence: Your amazon listing page is only one page in trillions on the internet. To promote your product, you’d have to develop a presence off-Amazon. You’ll need a regularly updated, informative and engaging blog post, an active Facebook page and preferably, a website.
Phase 2: SEO and Engagement
You can call this the promotional phase of your product launch, where you’ll generate interest for your product.
- Blogging: If you develop a website, your blog is probably going to attract the most traffic. Blogs not only promote your product but drive enhanced strategy and acts as a leadership forum for your customers.
- Keywords through AMZInsight: To make sure your customers discover you, both on and off Amazon, you’ll need to find out the keywords most relevant to your product. You can do this through amazon keyword generation and tracking on AMZInsight.
- PRs, Videos and link building: Launch a Press Release, preferably on a paid platform, to inform customers about your product launch. Release videos – viral content with real humor– on YouTube and try to aim for viral content. Build a link network that drives traffic to all your webpages, using the keywords provided by AMZInsight.
Phase 3: Advertise Everything to Drive Amazon Sales
Spend the last phase ruthlessly promoting and advertising your product.
- Google Adwords: This is the best way to kickstart your online advertising campaign for selling on amazon. Adwords reach a high number of audiences, are cost-effective and Google makes it easy to read stats, as well.
- PR and Social Media: Submit another PR after the release to communicate availability to customers. Keep your Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts active to keep customers engaged and interested.
- Crowdsourcing: Larger companies are using crowdsourcing campaigns to hold competitions and discover creative ideas for products. They also use crowdsourcing for viral content, to market goods and to make some money along the way.
Your marketing does not end here. You need to know if it’s actually working and if more visits translate to more sales. You also need to stay abreast of the latest selling trends. Sign up for FREE with AMZInsight to get all of that and more.