How to Sell Products Internationally Through Amazon?
With third-party marketplaces in all major marketplaces, Amazon Global Selling gives you a chance to sell your products in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, China, Japan, France, India, Germany, Italy and Spain.
If you have successful products in any of these marketplaces, you can expand operations in other countries via Amazon.
Build Your Listing via Amazon Keyword Research
Before launching your product in an international setting, you need to adjust your listing to suit international customers.
- AMZInsight: Our market research solution is the ONLY one, in the market that covers all ten Amazon marketplaces, allowing you to conduct separate research for all countries. Keywords are usually different in European and Asian countries, specifically.
- Research: Using AMZInsight, you can enter keywords relevant to your product and see what your target market looks like, how much competition you have and which keywords you need to rank on.
Exporting Your Products
You can employ Amazon to get your products to your customers. There are two methods to export your products via Amazon.
- FBA Export: Via this method, you’ll be able to list your products on FBA on the Amazon website. Customers will be able to get your products in a number of countries through Amazon’s export service.
- Amazon Global Selling: Through Amazon’s global selling services, you can sell via the Amazon Marketplace in all the countries where Amazon operates. You can ship your products, via any method, to the target countries and orders are stored in fulfillment centers.
Looking for New Products on Amazon
If you don’t intend to sell the same products in new marketplaces, or believe there isn’t enough market for your products internationally, you can look for a new niche to sell in.
- AMZInsight’s Niche Analyzer: With the new User Interface AMZInsight introduces soon, you’ll be able to look for products with its Niche Analyzer. You’ll have the option to select the marketplace of your choice and learn its intricacies via AMZInsight’s amazon market research.
- Competitive Analysis: AMZInsight also allows you to keep an eye on your seller’s products. With this insight, you can check out which products they’re selling in your target marketplace to garner new ideas.
Tips for Customer Support
Once you’ve decided to set up operations, you must also work hard to build trust with your new market.
- Local Language Support: Hire someone fluent in your target market’s local language to build a strong foundation for your business. Don’t rely on automated machine translations since they aren’t always optimal and can affect your seller performance rating.
- Be timely: Again, hiring, someone may be for the best since time differences may not allow you to immediately respond to customer’s queries. Replying within 24 hours is okay but nothing’s better than an immediate reply.
These are some of the many things you may have to consider before setting up shop internationally. Get these sorted out and you’re, more or less, good to go.