How Startups Can Begin Selling on Amazon from Outside USA
Ecommerce sales in the US are exploding. One only needs to run an eye over the following bar graph to see how big the industry is slated to be. Unsurprisingly, a huge chunk of this money is going to come from Amazon’s USA platform.
Did you know that you can cash in on the online selling boom without ever setting foot in the US? Amazon’s USA branch is its largest in the world – it currently has over a billion monthly visitors, alone.
It used to be quite hard to sell on Amazon USA from outside the states but it is much, much easier now (long live globalization).
The Amazon Seller Signup Process
Amazon’s current signup process is relatively easy – with the ecommerce giant guiding you through a step-by-step process, designed for your ease.
Here’s how it goes:
- A US bank account for Amazon to deposit your earnings in. (You don’t need a US account if you’re selling from the UK).
- International credit cards like Visa or MasterCard.
- A US mailing address for when your orders are returned. Get one from com.
- A phone number based in the US.
- An individual tax ID number in the US.
- When you get your tax ID, submit a W-8ECI request with the International Revenue Service.
- A helper to pack and deliver your merch to Amazon FBA, if you choose to ship through the service.
- You can also use your own shipping service, if that’s more convenient.
Pick a Product to Sell on Amazon USA
Once you make all the necessary arrangements, there’s still one more thing to do before you register as a seller on Amazon. You need to decide on a product to sell.
Now, you may think of this to be the easiest step. In fact, you might already have thought of a product to sell on the website but do you know if it’s popular enough to actually make you rich?
With AMZInsight, you can now find out.
- Subscribe to AMZInsight FREE of cost.
- Insert your product’s name into the Keyword Search feature.
- Determine the popularity of the product with AMZInsight’s 0 – 100 popularity ranking of the product.
- Through marketplace trends, discover where else you can sell the product.
- Also, see the number of competitors you will have in the market.
- The average price of your product on Amazon US and what you can charge for it.
- Top sellers, Bestseller rankings and top products.
- …a whole lot more!
Create a Listing and Grow Your Business
With AMZInsight, you’ll find your perfect product in no time, after which you can move on to creating a product listing for your business. Make a perfect title for your Amazon product, using the main keyword for your niche. Remember to use keywords, discovered through AMZInsight, all through your listing.
As for growth, here are some tips:
- Amazon’s onsite paid adverts
- Pitch Amazon Prime to customers
- Respond to negative reviews
- Look to sell in more Amazon marketplaces (AMZInsight will help you in almost all of them)
- Paid social media advertisements.