AMZ Insight Reports Popular Amazon Selling Trends and Products for H1 2016
Amazon has released its trends for the first half of 2016 in a consumer report this July. Going through it, we came across some interesting and off-beat trends and bestselling products we thought our sellers would love.
Products with the Most Amazon Sales Growth
In their report, Amazon has listed down one trend for each month that is not just funky but had a standout sales growth during the six-month period. Here are some:
- Hair Trends: Beauty trends took a turn for the eccentric, with darker shades (especially brown) and products for bouncier hair recorded an increase of 1600%.
- Home Smokers: The biggest restaurants in the world started a trend of smoky foods which home cooks are trying to emulate. Home smokers had a 200% year-on-year Amazon sales increase, with people trying to smoke things like ham, garlic and almonds.
- Pom–Poms: A 50% sales’ surge indicates that not only are pom-poms back in popular fashion, but they are also being used in industries like arts and crafts, once again.
Top Products So Far on Amazon
Amazon also released the top 10 bestselling products so far. While we were not given exact sales figures, here are the top 5 (excluding Amazon products).
- Pure Chimp Super Tea: Also known as Matcha green tea, the 50g pack is sold for 11.95 pounds and has a rating of 4.6 stars. The Japanese product has scored a number of sales for being ceremonial matcha.
- Vintage Light bulbs: While not being sold by a unique seller, vintage light bulbs, reminiscent of the first ones invented by Edison, are one of the bestselling products of the year.
- Wunderbrow Brow Gel: Sold by Wunder2 for nearly 20 pounds, the product has a rating of nearly 4 stars out of 5. However, it has a whopping 2,277 reviews and is selling extremely well.
- Lego Star Wars Rey’s Speeder: Star Wars is everywhere – two of the top 10 bestselling Amazon products so far come from the franchise. Sold for almost 15 pounds, it has racked up a rating of a whopping 4.8 stars out of 5.
- Tom Clancey’s The Division for PS4: Gaming is still big in the amazon market, with this product costing 30 pounds but still selling so well. It has a rating of 4 stars out of 5.
Books and Videos
After all these years, books still sell well on Amazon. Video CDs are still huge, too, especially for people who don’t want to bother with downloading or streaming.
- Top Print Book: ‘Lean in 15’ by Joe Wicks is a health and fitness book for people looking to get fit quickly. Sold for nearly 8 pounds, the book has a whopping 2,173 reviews.
- Top eBook: ‘Behind Closed Doors’ is B. A. Paris’ debut novel and is being sold for a mere 2 pounds on the Kindle. It has raked in 5,370 reviews with a 4.3 star ranking.
- Top Video: As expected, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, for 12.27 pounds, is the top selling DVD set of H1. Since the Star Wars mania does not look like it’ll be over soon, amazon sellers should stock up on related merchandise.
You may use Amazon product sale estimator to find out what products sell most in any niche. This will help you to grow your business in a smart way by making smart decisions.